Thank you for your interest in our Legacy Fund. Below are some commonly asked questions and answers about this annual fund.
What is the Legacy Fund?
The Legacy Fund is an annual appeal asking interested individuals and businesses to financially and prayerfully support Oswego Community Christian School. It provides essential monetary support to meet the school’s growing need for outside resources that will enhance the quality of the education we provide for each and every student. Since tuition is made very affordable to the families in this area, tuition only covers 75% of the actual cost to educate a student. The remaining 25% must come from caring individuals such as you!
Why does Oswego Community Christian School have an Annual Fund?
We have an annual fund to provide an affordable Christian education for children. Our school can no longer rely solely on tuition, congregational support and a variety of fundraisers. It must seek other avenues and resources of funding to help offset the difference between tuition income and the actual cost of educating each student.
Who supports the Legacy Fund?
Alumni, school parents, church members, businesses, grandparents and other friends of Oswego Community Christian School are invited to support the Legacy Fund.
How will the funds be used?
The fund will be used to:
1. Increase our music and art program
2. Supplement our scholarship tuition assistance program
3. Make necessary improvements on our school campus
What should I give to the Legacy Fund?
God has given each one of us gifts, talents and abilities which are to be shared with others. Stewardship is more than occasional acts of charity and service. It is a way of life, a commitment to the giving of our time, talents and financial resources in thanksgiving for all of the blessings we have received. We are continuously challenged to make our financial gifts from substance, not our abundance, in proportion to the gifts we have received.
Are there any matching donations to the Legacy Fund?
Yes, a most exciting opportunity has come to us through a donor who wishes to remain anonymous. This donor will match up to $25,000 given to the Legacy Fund! The matching monies will be designated specifically to our tuition assistance scholarship fund. This fund enables every family who has a genuine desire to send their children to OCCS, but are financially unable, to do so. Our heart is to not turn any child away.
How can I give?
You can make a gift to Oswego Community Christian School right now by clicking on the “Donate” button below. You can also send a check or money order payable to Oswego Community Christian School noting “Legacy Fund” on the memo line. Our address is 400 E. Albany St., Oswego, NY 13126.
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes! Oswego Community Christian School is a recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all gifts made to the school are tax-deductible. (Tuition is not considered a tax-deductible gift because a service is rendered in exchange for monies paid.)
Everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Gifts can be made in the form of a pledge paid over time or by a one-time contribution. Your gift can be made online or by completing a donor card. Contributions can also be made through stock transfers or company matching gifts.
Is is possible to make gifts online?
There are many who prefer to use the convenience of the web to make their donation by clicking on the donate button at the bottom left of this page. You may use PayPal or any major credit card. If you need assistance in making your gift online, please call the school at 315-342-9322.
If I make my pledge online, is that method secure?
We have taken every precaution to protect your information.
What is a typical pledge amount?
Gifts range from $50 to $1000 with some contributions exceeding $10,000.
What is the Legacy Club?
The OCCS Legacy Club includes those who make donations of $500 or more during the current school year. These individuals, businesses and organizations will be honored by having their names displayed on our school campus.
“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Cor.9:7 We invite families and friends to prayerfully consider what amount they can willingly give to our Legacy Fund.
Whom should I contact with questions or ideas about the Legacy Fund?
Contact our office at 315-342-9322 with questions or ideas.